Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Rain on the Peninsula

For the one or two of you who might read this post, I will point out needlessly the changes I have enacted to the end of making this blog more aesthetically agreeable, motivated mainly by the inferiority complex I am developing (yes, another one) while reading other people's fabulous blogs. "Like which?", you ask (btw, I am currently debating with myself on how to accomplish this interrogatory-quotation-to-continuing statement punctuation. Let me know if you know how it's done). Well, if you would merely consult the handy new links list to the left of this bloggerific block of text, you can easily navigate to a few of my pals' ongoing virtual narration experiments. They include a SoCal-ler who plays a human man in real life and a tiny female gnome warlock in World of Warcraft, and is king of all randomness-seekers in the world of crazy videos and outrageous links, as well as a graduate lit student-slash-knitting machine who sports a hip hairdo and posts pictures of delicious food, and a roaming English teacher and marathon runner currently adventuring in Turkey for two years with her cat and husband. I'll let you sort out who's whom. Although, chances are, you are one of those three people.

I know I promised a post on my last apartment as a single person, but I must uphold my tradition of letting down my readers and talk about other things that are nearly completely unrelated.

First, I will state my intent to start each post with a list of everyday meaninglessness, just to make sure that, right off the bat, you get some stereotypical "these are the everyday things I did today that you care nothing about and have no relevance to anything whatsoever" blog action. Once we get that out of the way, I am free to write about anything at all without feeling that I've somehow deprived you of some hidden benefit you may reap from knowing about my mundane activities.

THEREFORE...

Today in my everyday I:
  1. Watched a hyperactive Catalonian TV personality explain the different Catalan words used particularly by gypsies.
  2. Walked in the rain under an umbrella.
  3. Was cold.
  4. Sat in traffic with my husband (heretofore referred to as A). Twice.
  5. Talked about WoW with A.
  6. Nursed a headache
  7. Went to Costco to find a Nintendo Wii. Didn't.
  8. Ate a hot dog to console ourselves.
  9. Read about poetry.
  10. Worked on my blog.
Wow, I am already reaching my blogging limit. And here I had all these grand ideas about what I was going to write today (see labels). Well, maybe I'll get to it later. We'll just have to see, won't we?

To be continued...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sanity Scout said...

*cough cough* Is this thing on? *cough cough*

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout - looks good!

Sorry to hear you guys were unable to get a Wii. Isn't it insane that more than a year after launch it is still this difficult to get one? On the plus side, Costco food court rocks. Mmmm, hotdogs, those baked chicken thingies and chocolate-dipped ice cream bars!

Please teach me some Catalan gypsy phrases so I can mutter them under my breath in the course of normal conversation to make people even more nervous to be in my presence.

Sanity Scout said...

Hmm...
Interesting thing about the Wii is that we actually did get one at Fry's yesterday, but think maybe the Costco one is a better deal. So the Fry's one isn't open yet. It is a horrible, horrible temptation. Think we're going to go ahead and keep it. It's just too painful to continue this weird cycle of trying to glean information from the Costco customer service staff, just so they can tell me they know nothing about Wii's, nothing at all.

And about the gypsies...I said I listened and watched, not that I learned anything. Sheesh! In my defense, it was 9am on a Friday morning.

Anonymous said...

I think it's just a matter of which bundlef*ck you want to end up with. The core system price should be the same most everywhere - it's just the peripherals and games it gets bundled with that determines the final price.