Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Forget comebacks... they're overrated

WARNING: This blog is beginning under a certain amount of extreme annoyance, brought on by the fact that I've slacked off on writing in it for so long that I forgot ALL of the information needed to sign in. Yes, I spent most of the last hour trying to think of any possible combination of words I could have had in mind in April. But, the important thing is, here I am. Back again. With no fanfare.

I won't lie... I am still scared to death of this blog, and it's ability to repel me endlessly from the writing escapades lying sadly dormant in the inner, dark, cobwebby corners of my non-academic brain matter. A certain friend I will only name as "Emerys" has shoved me back into the blogosphere thanks to his heartless promotion of my non-existent verbage, thus forcing me to writing something here. Anything. All I care about at this point is to register dates on the left side-bar. So don't expect any kind of quality standards--I'm way past that now.

Needless to say (or is it?), large volumes of happenings have, well, happened since I last wrote an entry in the Buenos Aires humidity. Much too much to even attempt to narrate it in any kind of coherent way, but here are some highlights:

  • Accepted University X's offer of admission, and started a doctorate in Comparative Literature
  • Moved to the sunshine state, sitting in a new, totally packed Toyota Prius with my now ex-military sweetheart
  • Got engaged
  • Started school
  • Planned a wedding
  • Met some people
  • Played some World of Warcraft
  • Wrote some papers
And that brings us to last Saturday, when I got married. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am now officially to be referred to as "Mrs." At least for the next 4 1/2 years or so ;) (because of the degree, not the husband). Although that bulleted list doesn't look like much, it has probably been one of the most eventful years of my entire life. Go 2007!

That's all I can handle for now (I know... pathetic), but I will return with... drumroll... turning in the keys to my last single apartment!

To be continued...

No comments: