Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pretty Good Day

Recently I've been doing some reading and reflecting on how to increase the joy in my life and focus less on the everyday worries and more on the everyday blessings. I've read a few books so far that have given me great direction and inspiration, including:
  • The Happiness Project, recommended by a friend who read my post about gratitude. I have been so impressed by it that I have also given it as a gift.
  • Traveling Light for Mothers, a short but powerful little devotional by Max Lucado, adapted from his previous book Traveling Light. It is a series of meditations on the verses of my favorite Bible passage (and my son's), the 23rd Psalm.
  • Great Day Every Day, with a pretty self-explanatory title, also by Max Lucado. I just started it, so I don't have too much to say about it yet. However, I thought of it when I had one of those delightful music moments, when something comes on the radio that makes everything stand still for a couple of minutes. I believe it was on KFOG's Acoustic Sunrise show on Sunday morning, which I enjoy while feeding the little man his breakfast. Anywho, I tracked down the song, and link it here for your enjoyment. Have great day today, no matter what!




1 comment:

Rene said...

I'm glad you pulled up the blog, I like the song, and I'm going to tuck away those book titles for later.