Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taxes...*shudder*

I finished my taxes! Hurrah!

So, I had a bad experience with H&R Block this year as far as their in-office consultation is concerned, and ended up doing the free TurboTax e-file thing. I was overwhelmed, seriously, by how much more info I felt I got and how much more thorough the questions were than the agent I went to previously. Just for reference, H&R Block tried to charge me more for the preparation than the meager amount I'm getting back. And refused to tell me how much it would be until the process was done. Also refused to verbally acknowledge that it didn't make any sense to go through with it. Good thing you're allowed to refuse their filing and not pay. I usually don't feel the need to advertise for businesses, but I was very impressed and relieved by Intuit's TurboTax this year and think they deserve the kudos. It's worth trying there first, before someone tried to charge you some ridiculous amount for something you can easily (and more thoroughly/confidently) do yourself.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Rene said...

We love TurboTax too! (At least as much as you can love something with the word "tax" in it.)